Abdullah bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
|Abdullah bin Hamad Al Thani|
|Deputy Emir of Qatar|
|In office||November 2014– present|
|Predecessor||Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani 02|
|Monarch||Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani|
|Born|| (1988-02-09) 9 February 1988|
|Father||Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani|
|Mother||Noora bint Khalid Al Thani|
|Reference style||His Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Highness|
Early life and education
Sheikh Abdullah graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service from Georgetown University in 2010. On 11 November 2014, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani appointed Abdullah to the post of Deputy Emir, unofficially making him heir to the throne of Qatar. Emir Tamim is one day expected to appoint one of his own sons as Crown Prince.
|Ancestors of Abdullah bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani|
- "Qatar's ruling Amir appointed new Deputy Amir". Diplomat Magazine. 2014-11-17. Retrieved 2022-02-10.
- "Notable Georgetown Alumni". Georgetown University Qatar. Retrieved 2021-08-26.
- "HH the Deputy Amir". gco.gov.qa. Retrieved 2021-09-21.
- "Qatar shuffles cabinet, names new heads of wealth fund, state gas giant". Reuters. 2018-11-04. Retrieved 2021-10-27.
- "Qatar Petroleum changes name to Qatar Energy". Al Jazeera. 2021-10-11. Retrieved 2021-10-27.
- "Qatar's emir restructures boards of QIA, Qatar Petroleum". S&P Global Market Intelligence. 2018-11-04. Retrieved 2022-02-10.
- "Board of Regents". Qatar University. Retrieved 2021-10-27.
- "Deputy Amir chairs first meeting of Qatar University Board of Trustees". Gulf Times. 2020-09-28. Retrieved 2022-02-10.
- "HH The Amir Chairs Fourth Meeting of Supreme Council for Economic Affairs and Investment". Amiri Diwan of the State of Qatar. 2020-12-16. Retrieved 2022-02-14.
- "Amir chairs first meeting of the Supreme Council for Economic Affairs and Investment". The Peninsula. 2021-04-07. Retrieved 2022-02-14.