Gabrielle Camille Basiano
Gabrielle "Gabby" Basiano
Gabrielle Camille Basiano
(1997-12-17) December 17, 1997
|Alma mater||Asian Development Foundation College|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Title||Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2022|
Gabrielle Camille Basiano (born December 17, 1997 in Borongan City, Eastern Samar) is a Filipino model and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2022. She will represent the Philippines at Miss Intercontinental 2022 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
Early life and education
Miss Friendship International 2019
On July 27, 2019, Basiano won the Miss Friendship International 2019 first runner-up title in the global pageant held in Chengdu, China in a tie with Lorena Rodrigues of Brazil. She competed against 48 candidates from all over the world, one month after she was crowned as the Philippines' first Ambassador of Tourism. Emilia Dobreva of Serbia won the title for that year.
Binibining Pilipinas 2021
Representing Borongan City, Basiano won Best in Long Gown and became the first runner-up for the Binibining Pilipinas 2021, which was held at Quezon City on July 11, 2021. Her gown dubbed as "Perla" was designed by Ken Batino and Jevin Salaysay and earned her the Best in Long Gown award. Explaining her choice of the dress, Basiano said:
"I choose to wear a hooded gown dedicated to the current situation our world is facing right now. As the world is covered with uncertainties and challenges, the hood symbolizes the hope of unmasking all our worries, and going forward, towards a pandemic-free world."
Binibining Pilipinas 2022
Returning again for the Binibining Pilipinas 2022 representing Borongan City, Basiano won Best in Swimsuit, another Best in Long Gown, and was crowned as Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2022. Nicole Borromeo of Cebu was named as Binibining Pilipinas International 2022, Chelsea Fernandez of Tacloban as Binibining Pilipinas Globe 2022, and Roberta Tamondong of San Pablo, Laguna as Binibining Pilipinas Grand International 2022.
During the question-and-answer portion of the pageant, she was asked by guest panelist Sen. Risa Hontiveros with the following question: "Pageants are a celebration of beauty and goodwill. However, there’s also a lot of toxicity online and offline that fails to empower us, women. If you win as our Binibini, how will you deal with fake news and other negative comments criticizing your looks, intelligence, and the way you live your life?" Basiano answered, saying:
"Good evening, everyone. I have been receiving a lot of opinions from other people and I am not complaining about it because people are entitled of their own opinion. As for me, I will always remind women that we are strong, independent, and courageous because these are the traits that are very critical to the complicated roles that us women play into society. Thank you."
Hours after the coronation, rumors sparked that there was a crown mix-up between Basiano and Nicole Borromeo because of the delayed announcement of Borromeo as winner of Binibining Pilipinas International 2022. Both beauty queens explained in the end that there was no such thing as a mix-up that happened during the coronation.
Miss Intercontinental 2022
- "Binibining Pilipinas – Gabrielle Camille Basiano". bbpilipinas.com. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- Franchesca Viernes (1 August 2022). "Gabrielle Basiano wins Best in Swimsuit, Best in Long Gown awards at Binibining Pilipinas 2022". GMA News. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- Joey Gabieta (1 August 2022). "2 beauty queens from Samar bag major Bb. Pilipinas titles". lifestyle.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- Atom L. Pornel (29 July 2019). "Tacloban City's Gabrielle Basiano wins 1st Runner Up in Miss Friendship International 2019 in China". goodnewspilipinas.com. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- "PH beauty finishes first runner-up in Miss Friendship International 2019". ABS-CBN News. 29 July 2019. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- John Legaspi (19 July 2021). "Here's the story behind Gabrielle Basiano's Binibining Pilipinas 2021 gown". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- Doris Mondragon (13 July 2021). "'Perla'— the best evening gown in Bb. Pilipinas coronation night". Cebu Daily News. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- Ron Lim (1 August 2022). "LOOK: The Binibining Pilipinas 2022 winners". GMA News. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- James Patrick Anarcon (1 August 2022). "Winning answers of Binibining Pilipinas 2022 queens". pep.ph. Retrieved 2 August 2022.
- Jan Milo Severo (3 August 2022). "Crown mix-up? Binibining Pilipinas 2022 winners Nicole Borromeo, Gabby Basiano speak up". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 3 August 2022.
- Bernie V. Franco (3 August 2022). "Binibining Pilipinas 2022 winners Nicole Borromeo, Gabrielle Basiano address alleged crown mix-up". pep.ph. Retrieved 3 August 2022.
- Binibining Pilipinas Official Website
- Gabrielle Camille Basiano on Instagram